1962 Chevrolet Impala SS

62impalass

I bought this great car about 4 years ago from a gentleman in Tennessee. He had previously purchased the car from Reggie Jackson at the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale auction several years earlier. When I saw it, I knew I had to make it mine and return this car back home to California.

The old Chevy features a 409 cu.in. engine, built by Jack Gibbs, and is bored 60 over and fully balance and blueprinted. It includes a Isky Z11 cam, Dual AFB Quads, Scorpion roller rockers, Doug’s Headers, and puts out 467hp to the flywheel.

The engine is backed up by a Borg Warner Super T-10 4-speed and 4.11 posi rear.

Patrick Manalio

14 Responses to “1962 Chevrolet Impala SS”
  1. Ed Brown

I have a 1962 Chevy Impala SS I bought it because my very first new car was a 62 impala my new one is fully restored with 327 engine turbo Hydromatic Red with a white top original interior, I love it

2. Bob DeLisle

I had a 62 ss same color 327 3sp changed to 4sp I’ve had a lot of cars including Corvettes but this car is still in my top three.

3. Michael

Great looking Impala love the 409 too. Excellent one of my favorites.

4. Vernon

Wish I had my Fawn Brown 62 Impala SS 409 back, but gas no longer 32 cents a gallon. Traded the car for a 65 Vette after coming home from military tech school. Couldn’t keep tires on the rear.

5. Lance Wilson

restoring a 62 impala anniversary edition car number matching was wondering the thoughts were on changing from a power ram to a 605 power steering box and changing to a disc brake set up any ideas

• Customer Service

Hi Lance,

It’s a struggle many car restorers have… keep it original as possible, versus improving it for safety and performance.
      I am in the camp where if it makes the car drive better and safer… and if it can easily be converted back to stock … DO IT!
      Save all of the old parts, if you sell the car offer them to the new owner.
      Bottomline you’ll enjoy driving your car a lot more with better steering and brakes, and isn’t that what it’s all about.

Wrench Safe,

Mark
      Classic Car Restoration Club Video Membership

We’d love to have you be a part of our community. We are convinced you will enjoy the benefits of becoming a member and having access to the best instructional how to videos and professional tips. We would like to offer you a special promotion for your first-year membership.

6. .Larry Buckmiller

I’ve seen a lot of these old chevy’s a great looking car but I’m a mopar’s guy but I have got to tell you. That SS Impala looks pretty nice

7. Larry Buckmiller

I’m Mopar’s guy but I can still appreciate a nice looking Chevy when I see one

8. Jerry King

MY FAVORITE CAR, WENT WITH MY DAD @ 8 TO PICK UP A BISCAYNE IN 1962.
    I’LL NEVER FORGET THE EXPERIENCE.
    ONE LUCKY MAN, BEST I’VE EVER SEEN
    SOLD CARS FOR 15 YEARS, DID MAINSHAFT ENGINE BEARINGS FOR
    BOEING 777, RETIRED FROM CUMMINS
    LAKEWOOD ENGINE PLANT, SOLD MY 46
    FORD TRUCK. BUILT A NEW GARAGE
    A REAL MAN CAVE. MY PASSION SNOWMOBILES, RESTORING MY 71 399 ARCTIC CAT PANTHER.

9. Gerald Mainville

I’ve always dreamed of owning one of those cars, ever since I heard the song by the Beach Boys “409”, which is a tribute to that specific model. Also, my father was a general contractor with 6 Chevy tandem trucks from 1964-65 and they all had 409. I always thought that if it was powerful enough to haul gravel (and logs in the winter months on a 43 ft trailer) it’s got to haul ass in a car.